News
20-year-old arrested in connection with Algoa Park murder
A 20-year-old suspect has been arrested in connection with the August 7 murder of 24-year-old Ruwayne Rossouw in Algoa Park. Police investigation continues.
Suspect taken into custody after shooting in Algoa Park
The Nelson Mandela Bay District Detective Intervention Task Team arrested a 20-year-old suspect in Algoa Park on Monday in connection with a murder that happened earlier this month.
What happened on August 7
The killing occurred on August 7, 2026, at approximately 3pm in Ysterhout Street, Algoa Park. Ruwayne Rossouw, 24, was seated on the sidewalk when an unidentified assailant coming from Missionvale opened fire.
“During the shooting, another person reportedly fired shots at the suspect, who fled towards Missionvale,” she said.
Victim and emergency response
Medical personnel reported that the 24-year-old victim suffered multiple gunshot wounds. He was taken to Livingstone Hospital in an unidentified vehicle, where he later died from his injuries.
Charges and court appearance
The arrested 20-year-old is facing a charge of murder and is expected to appear before the New Brighton Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday. Police said they are investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Police response
Acting District Commissioner Brig Loyiso Ngalo praised the Detective Intervention Task Team for their prompt work leading to the arrest.
Follow Joburg ETC on Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and Instagram
For more News in Johannesburg, visit joburgetc.com
Source: iol.co.za
