Major shakeup in Joburg politics – Executive mayor reveals exciting new MMCs
The Joburg executive mayor announces new MMCs to ensure the continuity and acceleration of service delivery for Johannesburg’s residents. Extensive consultations with other political parties led to the selection of the new members to solidify the Government of Local Unity (GLU) partnership in the City.
The appointed MMCs are as follows:
- Clr Dada Morero for Finance,
- Clr Loyiso Masuku for Group Corporate and Shared Services,
- Clr Jack Sekwaila for Environment and Infrastructure Services,
- Clr Mgcini Tshwaku for Public Safety,
- Clr Eunice Mgcina for Development Planning,
- Clr Nomoya Daphney Mnisi for Economic Development,
- Clr Anthea Natasha Leitch for Human Settlements,
- Clr Lubabalo Magwentshu for Community Development,
- Clr Kenny Kunene for Transport, and
- Clr Ennie Makhafola for Health and Social Development.
Also read: New Johannesburg mayor makes bold move – Council must deliver services worth your money!
The new committee was sworn in on May 5, shortly after the council elected Gwamanda as executive mayor. He expressed his commitment to the City’s residents and boosting its economy while maintaining political stability. He added that the chosen MMCs would adopt a qualitative approach to trigger Johannesburg’s pulse.
Gwamanda apologised for the anxiety and instability caused by the recent events in the City and assured residents that the Government of Local Unity is committed to maintaining a stable, functional, responsive, and services-oriented government. However, he emphasised that for the City to achieve its goals, there must be alignment between the GLU mandate and government programmes (IDP, SDBIP) as informed by the Growth and Development Strategy (GDS) 2040.
“As the Government of Local Unity, we intend to immediately go back to the basics and serve our residents with diligence and dedication,” said Gwamanda.
Source: Joburg executive mayor announces new MMCs
Mpho Phalatse accuses Kabelo Gwamanda of scamming – shocking details revealed!
Picture: Twitter / CityofJoburgZA