News
Johannesburg High Court delays DJ Warras murder trial to September over funding for defence
Johannesburg High Court postponed the murder trial of Victor Majola, accused in DJ Warras’s killing, to Sept 18 to allow time for the accused to secure legal funding.
The Johannesburg High Court has postponed the trial of Victor Majola, accused of being the mastermind behind the killing of veteran DJ Warrick “DJ Warras” Stock, to allow time for the defence to secure legal funding. The matter was adjourned on Wednesday and set down to return on 18 September.
Reason for the postponement
Majola, 44, remains in custody after being denied bail. The defence applied for a four-week postponement to obtain financial instructions so counsel could be funded. The State opposed the request, saying it had provided the defence with the relevant documentation and was ready to proceed.
State response and court decision
The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) opposed the application but the court granted the postponement and marked it as final to allow Majola’s counsel sufficient time to secure funding.
“The NPA remains committed to ensuring that matters are dealt with expeditiously and that justice is served without unnecessary delays, while also respecting the accused’s constitutional right to a fair trial,”
The NPA’s Gauteng spokesperson, Magaboke Mohlatlole, said the State would be ready to proceed when the matter returns to court on 18 September.
Charges and background
Majola faces charges of premeditated murder and conspiracy to commit murder in connection with the killing of Warrick Stock. Stock was shot outside the Zambesi Building in Johannesburg’s central business district on 16 December 2025.
Majola is charged alongside 25-year-old Joaquim Armando Pacula, who previously pleaded guilty to murder and was sentenced to 25 years in prison.
Next steps
The case will return to the Johannesburg High Court on 18 September, when the State has said it will be ready to proceed.
Follow Joburg ETC on Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and Instagram
For more News in Johannesburg, visit joburgetc.com
Source: iol.co.za
