In a sad gathering, a candlelight prayer in Naledi occurred at the New Life Church of the Nazarene in Soweto. They offered their condolences to the grieving families of Neo Kgang and Leon Jele.
This township was shocked when news broke of the two boys’ tragic deaths. Kgang and Jele died after consuming biscuits purchased at a local spaza shop.
The boys fell seriously ill and were rushed to a nearby clinic, where they were sadly pronounced dead on Sunday. Two other children, Katlego Mbatha and Olwethu Zikhali, who were also affected by the incident, remain hospitalised, with Zikhali in critical condition.
Environmental health authorities and the police are investigating the incident.
Addressing the community, SAPS officer Gasela called for calm and assured them that the law would take its course.
The community has demanded the indefinite closure of all foreign-owned shops.
The two young boys will be laid to rest next week on Wednesday.
Picture: X / joy_zelda
Follow us on Google News.