Bongeziwe Mabandla, renowned for his 2023 album amaXesha, is embarking on an eight-date tour across Southern Africa, with Maputo, Mozambique, as one of the stops.
Fans in Johannesburg, Tshwane, Stellenbosch, and Durban will enjoy special performances by rising stars, The Joy, during Mabandla’s shows in these cities. This tour follows three sold-out album release concerts in Johannesburg and Cape Town earlier this year, offering those who missed out on tickets another chance to experience Mabandla’s latest album live as reported by Quicket.
Also Read: Catch the Rugby Action at Stonehaven on Vaal
Mabandla will be joined by his producer and creative collaborator, Tiago Correia-Paulo, for these live performances. His 2023 schedule includes shows in the UK, Europe, and Mexico, all of which have received enthusiastic responses from audiences and critics alike. This tour is expected to be one of the last opportunities to see this globally acclaimed artist in an intimate setting.
The amaXesha tour kicks off in the Eastern Cape on October 04th at The Guild in East London, followed by performances at the Guy Butler Theatre in Makhanda on October 06th and The Music Kitchen in Gqeberha on October 08th.
In mid-October, The Joy will join the amaXesha tour as it reaches Gauteng. The first Gauteng show will be at Sognage in Johannesburg on October 14th, followed by a performance at the African Beer Emporium in Tshwane the next day. The South African leg of the tour concludes with shows at the Desi Jones Bar in Stellenbosch on October 21st and the Barnyard Theatre in Durban on October 22nd.
Mabandla will then head to Maputo on October 27th for a show at CCFM, his collaborator Correia-Paulo’s hometown and the location where the lyric video for “zange” from iimini (2020) was filmed.
The Joy, a quintet from Hammarsdale, blend traditional Zulu music with modern acapella. They recently released their EP titled “Hammarsdale” on the UK-based Transgressive Records label. The Joy has been performing in the UK, including a sold-out solo date in London and appearing at festivals such as Glastonbury, The Great Escape, Love Supreme, and Soho House festivals.
- Online tickets: R285
- Tickets at the door: R350
- Merchandise will be available for purchase at the venue.
- October 04th – Guild Theatre / East London, EC
- October 06th – Guy Butler Auditorium / Makhanda, EC
- October 8th – The Music Kitchen / Gqeberha, EC
- October 14th – Sognage / Johannesburg, GP (with support from The Joy)
- October 15th – African Beer Emporium / Tshwane, GP (with support from The Joy)
- October 20th – The Daisy Jones Bar / Stellenbosch, WC (with support from The Joy)
- October 22nd – The Barnyard Theatre Suncoast / Durban, KZN (with support from The Joy)
- October 27th – CCFM / Maputo, Mozambique
The Bongeziwe Mabandla Tour is presented by Black Major.
Follow us on Google News
Photo: Facebook / @ bongeziwe mabandla