Eskom implemented Stage 3 power cuts today, on Friday, 31 March.
According to the South African, the power utility stated that Stage 4 power cuts would occur until 05:00 on Friday. Stage 3 power cuts would take effect from 05:00 until midnight on Friday.
Johannesburg Power Cut Schedule:
#Loadshedding Stage 3 has been implemented.
Blocks 3, 7 and 11 will be affected from 06h00 until 08h30 ^HN pic.twitter.com/bHy7aijwXt
— @CityPowerJhb (@CityPowerJhb) March 31, 2023
Here Are Some Tips to Minimise Risks Caused by Power Cuts:
- Electric surges are one of the most significant causes of equipment damage during a power outage. Installing a surge protection device can help reduce damage in unexpected situations. Arrange for a surge protection device to be fitted to your electrical distribution board or at the power outlet to the electronic device.
- Ensure that your alarm system is operational and the backup battery works to provide power to the system in case of a power cut.
- Store a torch in your car if you arrive home at night during a power cut. Most smartphones have a torch or torch apps, which are handy during load shedding.
- Charge your mobile phone, laptop, and tablet before scheduled blackouts. Then, be sure to charge them again as soon as possible after the power returns. An emergency phone charger (like a power bank) is also good. Power banks come in handy during extended power cuts.
- Get a small LP gas bottle and lamp. It provides good quality lighting for a large area. You can also use it for cooking and boiling water. It’s a good idea to keep hot water in a thermal flask to make hot drinks.